As a part of the Australian Institute of International Affairs, the preeminent think-tank on international affairs and foreign policy here in Australia, the AIIA Queensland relies greatly on the generosity of the broader public through memberships, ticket purchases and of course, donations.
We are incredibly grateful to all our members and those that have come out to any of our events for your support. We pride ourselves on providing a platform for insightful and thought-provoking discussion, accessible to both an online audience and also those who wish to attend face to face, and every dollar goes a long way to making this happen.
Darren Godwell FAICD, presented with Fellow’s Trophy
But our activities take time and money to organise and run. Ticket sales are strong, but our fees are modest, and our events are free for members.
Unlike some of our interstate counterparts we do not have property or large sums in endowment. We have a part-time administrator who works a few hours a week without whom we could not manage the logistics of our operations.
This is where you can help.
Donations to the AIIA Queensland through the National Office are tax deductible.
Any amount will go a long way in helping us continue to provide a platform for quality discussion and debate.
How can you support your organisation?
Option 1 – Direct Deposit
Our first option is through a direct deposit.
- Please quote your name AND “Donation QLD Branch” in the details.
- Also, please email us at email@example.com with the bank deposit details and your full details so we can ensure you get your tax-deductible receipt. Also tell us of any specific wishes.
Option 2 – GiveNow
If you would prefer using a debit or credit card, click here and you can donate through our GiveNow platform.
Option 3 – Send us a Cheque
Although we would prefer the first two options, you may also send us a cheque.
- Please address the cheque to the ‘Australian Institute of International Affairs’ and send it to the AIIA QLD; GPO Box 1916, Brisbane, QLD 4001.
- In the covering letter please let us know that it is a donation and leave your receipt details.
- To ensure that the donation is tax deductible for this financial year, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0400 458 227 to let us know that it is coming so we can bank it before June 30.
H.E. Dr. Markus Ederer speaking with an AIIA Queensland member