The Research Committee of the Australian Institute of International Affairs (AIIA) is calling for expressions of interest for its inaugural Research Impact Award in two categories: Established Scholar and Early Career.
The AIIA is seeking to partner with Australian researchers who have research findings of major relevance to Australia’s foreign relations and who would like to partner with the AIIA in its role as knowledge broker to facilitate dissemination of the research findings, particularly beyond an academic audience.
The AIIA contribution will be of an in-kind nature and may include such activities as:
- converting a scholarly paper into a piece for the AIIA’s popular Australian Outlook blog which receives up to 41,000 unique visits per month;
- conducting an interview with the researcher and posting it on the AIIA’s YouTube channel and blog;
- promoting through Twitter;
- inviting researchers to present findings at the AIIA in a convenient city; and
- recognition of the winners of the Research Impact Award for their quality work.
This project aims to fulfil the AIIA’s role as a knowledge broker and supporter of debate on foreign policy.
Expressions of interest of no more than three pages should include:
- A summary of the research that has been conducted and its findings;
- A statement of how the research could contribute to debate on an issue of significance to Australia’s international affairs;
- A timeline of plans to disseminate the findings, including to an academic audience;
- An indication of the desired partnership activities;
A curriculum vitae should be attached.
Membership of the AIIA will be highly regarded.
Expressions of interest are due by 29 February 2016 and should be sent by email to the AIIA National Office on firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be judged by the AIIA’s Research Committee.
The AIIA aims to select at least one award recipient who is an early career researcher and one who is an established scholar. However, the AIIA reserves the right not to grant any award or to extend the date if needed.
Submissions will be judged by the AIIA’s Research Committee. Those wishing to discuss their proposal before submission should contact Professor Shirley Scott, Chair of the AIIA Research Committee, on (02) 93851630 or email@example.com.
For a PDF version of the above submission guidelines please click here.