The Research Committee of the Australian Institute of International Affairs (AIIA) delighted to announce that the recipients of the AIIA Early Career Research Impact Award 2018 have been decided.
The AIIA would like to warmly congratulate the winners:
- Dr Maria Tanyag, Monash University Centre for Gender, Peace and Security
- Dr Christian Downie, Australian Research Council DECRA Fellow and Higher Degree Research Convenor, School of Regulation and Global Governance (RegNet)
- Dr Elizabeth Buchanan, EU Europa Fellow, Centre for European Studies, ANU and Research Program Manager, ANU China Economy Program
Through it’s Early Career Research Impact Award 2018 the AIIA seeks to partner with Australian researchers who have research findings of major relevance to Australia’s foreign relations and who would like to partner with the AIIA in its role as knowledge broker to facilitate dissemination of the research findings, particularly beyond an academic audience.
The AIIA contribution is of an in-kind nature and may include such activities as:
- converting a scholarly paper into a piece for the AIIA’s popular Australian Outlook blog;
- conducting an interview with the researcher and posting it on the AIIA’s YouTube channel and blog;
- promoting through Twitter;
- and inviting researchers to present findings at the AIIA in a convenient city.
The AIIA will continue its commitment to researchers in the early stages of their careers and the award will once again be available next year.