The third Indonesia-Australia Dialogue, hosted by the Australian Institute of International Affairs and the Australia Indonesia Centre, was held from 28-30 August in Yogyakarta.
Supported by the Australian and Indonesian governments, the aim of the dialogue was to increase understanding and interaction between Australia and Indonesia.
The Dialogue generated discussion of new ideas to strengthen relations including working groups on business; education and research; media; and social and cultural domains.
- John McCarthy AO FAIIA
- The Hon John Anderson AO, former Deputy Prime Minister and Leader of the National Party
- Professor the Hon Stephen Smith, former Minister for Foreign Affairs and Minister for Defence, Australian Labor Party
- Greg Earl, former Asia-Pacific Editor, Australian Financial Review
- David Uren, Economics Editor, The Australian
- Lynley Marshall, CEO, ABC International
- Christine Holgate, CEO, Blackmores
- Chris Sargent, QBE Insurance
- Astrid Vasile, CEO, GV Construction
- Rohini Kappadath, Chair of Multicultural Ministerial Business Advisory Council
- Paul Ramadge, Director, Australia-Indonesia Centre
- Professor Tim Lindsey, Melbourne Law School, University of Melbourne
- Professor Caroline McMillen, Vice-Chancellor, University of Newcastle
- Professor Cheryl Praeger AM FAA, University of Western Australia
- Bill Farmer AO, former Ambassador
- Associate Professor Greg Fealy, Australian National University
- Michael Abbott AO QC, Chariman of Board of Art Gallery of South Australia
- Joseph Mitchell, Director, Oz Asia Festival
- Holly Ransom, Emergent Solutions