The AIIA is delighted to announce that the date for this year’s National Conference has been confirmed for Monday 15 October at Hotel Realm, Canberra.
Registration for this year’s Conference has now opened and tickets can be booked here.
The AIIA’s National Conference is Australia’s premier event on Australian foreign policy. In recent years conference has achieved record participation with more than 380 attendees. Leading experts in international affairs will provide engaging discussion in seperate sessions on Foreign Policy, Prosperity, Security and Global Issues.
We are delighted to have already confirmed the attendance of a range of exciting speakers for this years conference:
- Senator The Hon Penny Wong, Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Allan Gyngall AO FAIIA, AIIA National President
- Dr John Edwards, Fellow at the Lowy Institute and Adjunct Professor with the John Curtin Institute of Public Policy
- Fiona Simson, President of National Farmers Federation
Strengthening Australia’s Security
- Professor Rory Medcalf, Head of National Security College, Australian National University
- Dr Elsina Wainwright, Senior Fellow (Non-Resident) at Sydney University’s US Studies Centre and a Visiting Fellow at New York University’s Center on International Cooperation
- Dr Bec Strating, Lecturer, Politics, La Trobe University
Contribution to Global Issues
- Helen Evans AO FAIIA, Associate Professor (Hon) at The Nossal Institute for Global Health, University of Melbourne
- Professor Toby Walsh, Professor of Artificial Intelligence, University New South Wales
The 2018 National Conference will be preceded by masterclasses for young professionals and tertiary students between the ages of 18 and 40. The 2018 masterclasses will be held on Sunday 14 October with the support of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The 2018 National Conference and masterclasses provide a unique opportunity to hear and engage directly with experts on Australia’s international affairs.