Helping out behind the scenes at the Australian Institute of International Affairs (AIIA) Victoria will provide you with opportunities to open new doors and contribute to the running of one of the region’s leading independent international relations organisations.
Volunteering at AIIA Victoria is a great way for you to enhance your experience and reputation in the world of international affairs, as well as meeting and networking with people who share a similar interest in global affairs.
- Volunteer positions
You can become a volunteer with the AIIA Victoria at any point throughout the year. Our volunteers assist with our evening seminars held at Dyason House in East Melbourne (unless otherwise specified). Duties involve room set up, meeting and greeting guests, assisting with coordination of catering and beverages, assisting with filming, and managing the cash register. Volunteers often enjoy coming along to help because of the opportunities to chat with our members who are often former (or current) academics or public servants and have worked for government bodies like DFAT.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the AIIA Victoria office and send through a copy of your resume, and we will be in touch with more information. Please contact us at email@example.com
Currently all internship applications are CLOSED. However, we will be recruiting more interns in late February/March 2023. Please check back here for when these positions are available to apply for. We will be posting on our social media when more applications are open.
AIIA Victoria internship opportunities vary throughout the year, but we regularly offer roles such as:
- Social Media/Marketing Intern
- Young Professionals Intern
- Meet the Ambassador Intern
- Programs and Event Management Intern
- South Asia Seminar Series Intern
- International Careers Conference Intern
- Sir Zelman Cowen Oration and Dinner Intern
- Study Tour Intern (involves an international travel commitment e.g. previous tours have run in Iran, Myanmar, Sri Lanka)
An internship with AIIA Victoria will be an opportunity for you to develop new skills or build on existing skills, such as:
- Research and strategic planning
- Writing and editing of reports that will be distributed to both AIIA members and the general public
- Working independently as well as part of a small team
- Donor and sponsor engagement, as well as relationship building with potential supporters
- Event planning and management
- Reporting and analysis of key data to improve efficiency and community engagement
*Office will close for 4 weeks over Christmas/New Year
**Applications need to be submitted no later than the dates listed. These positions are ever changing.
Please specify in the subject line the internship you are applying for. (e.g. ‘Social Media Internship Application’).
For other internships such as Study Tours, International Careers Conference, and Sir Zelman Cowen Oration Internships, keep an eye on our website and social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram)! Make sure you follow us to be the first to know!
Information on how to apply for an internship will be advertised on this site, including a position description and application deadline, once the internship position is available.
AIIA Victoria has also previously participated with universities in hosting interns who are required to complete an internship as part of their university degree, but our ability to host such a placement is dependent on AIIA Victoria workload and program.
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9654 7271 at any time if you have any queries, or would like more information on previous internship positions.