The AIIA in partnership with the Korea Foundation co-organised an invitation-only study tour to Seoul for a group of up and coming Australian academics and young professionals in international affairs. The Australian delegation included:
- Geoffrey Ewing, President of the Queensland Branch, AIIA
- Rory MacNeil, National Office Operations Manager, AIIA
- Elizabeth Thurbon, Senior Lecturer, University of New South Wales
- Kai He, Associate Professor, Griffith University
- Pichamon Yeophantong, Assistant Professor, University of New South Wales
- Benjamin Habib, Lecturer, La Trobe University
- Christopher Richardson, University of Sydney
- David Lang, Analyst and Managing Editor, ASPI
- Sean Jesudason, Pathway Partnerships Coordinator, Deakin University
- Czeslaw Tubilewicz, Senior Lecturer, University of Adelaide
- Ciara O’Loughlin, Trainee Lawyer, AIIA WA Young Professionals Network
- Alexander Willox, Policy Officer, Migration Council Australia
The schedule for the study tour included 7 dialogues and 4 networking events with senior representatives from Korea’s government and civil society. The study tour also included meetings with international journalists based in Korea and a full-day dialogue on Korean politics with over 40 alumni representatives from the Korea Foundation’s Next Generation Policy Experts Network across the US and Europe.
For the final Outcome Report click here.