The AIIA National Office in Canberra is seeking a new full-time communications associate, who will be responsible for enhancing the media profile of the organisation. Specifically, the tasks of the communications associate will include:
- Overseeing Australian Outlook, the AIIA’s online publication, including guiding its volunteer editors, developing strategies to increase its readership and managing relations with its contributors;
- Developing a social media strategy, including the development of new avenues of communication between the AIIA and its stakeholders;
- Developing relations with traditional media in Canberra and elsewhere for the benefit of the AIIA;
- Running a regular audit of communications accounts to ensure that the AIIA is getting cost effective on-line services appropriate to its communications needs;
- Running regular technology audits to ensure that the national office’s hardware and software meet current communications needs;
- Conducting other tasks, as appropriate, under the direction of the National Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in international affairs. Postgraduate education in political science, international relations, journalism or similar fields, overseas experience and a proven ability to learn technical skills on the job will be an advantage.
The starting salary for the position will be in the $50-60,000 range, plus superannuation.
Interested candidates should send a CV, a statement of interest of no more than two pages, a recent writing sample, and the names of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, May 15.