Helping out behind the scenes at the Australian Institute of International Affairs (AIIA) Victoria will provide you with opportunities to open new doors and contribute to the running of one of the region’s leading independent international relations organisations.
Volunteering at AIIA Victoria is a great way for you to enhance your experience and reputation in the world of international affairs, as well as to meet and network with people who share a similar interest in global affairs.
- Volunteer positions
- Young Professionals Forum
We are now seeking applications for a Social Media Internship to commence early March. Please click here for the position description and further details of how to apply. Submission deadline for applications is 09:00 on Monday 25 February, 2019.
Details of an Event Marketing internship opportunity will follow shortly.
Contact the AIIA Victoria office on email@example.com to learn about available volunteer positions.
AIIA relies on volunteers and interns to assist with a wide range of activities including events, marketing, administration and annual events in order to further the work of the AIIA in encouraging discourse on international affairs.
As a not-for-profit organisation, AIIAV is unable to support paid internships or work experience, but volunteer work experience can lead to outside opportunities and has strengthened past volunteers’ chances of employment.
AIIAV internship opportunities vary throughout the year, but we recruit periodically for roles such as:
- Event Marketing Intern
- Social Media Intern
- Office Administration Intern
- Program and Event Management Intern
- International Careers Conference Intern
- Creative Content Intern
- Sir Zelman Cowen Oration and Dinner Intern
- VCE Intern
- Study Tour Intern (involves an international travel commitment e.g. previous tours have run in Iran, Myanmar, Sri Lanka)
An internship with AIIA Victoria will be an opportunity for you to develop new skills or build on existing skills, such as:
- Research and strategic planning
- Writing and editing of reports that will be distributed to both AIIA members and the general public
- Working independently as well as part of a small team
- Donor and sponsor engagement, as well as relationship building with potential supporters
- Event planning and management
- Reporting and analysis of key data to improve efficiency and community engagement
AIIA Victoria has also previously participated with universities in hosting interns who are required to complete an internship as part of their university degree, but our ability to host such a placement is dependent on AIIA Victoria workload and program.
Information on how to apply for an internship will be advertised on this site, including a position description and application deadline, once the internship position is available.
We will also advertise any available internships on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram once applications are open. Make sure you follow us to be the first to know!
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9654 7271 at any time if you have any queries, or would like more information on previous internship positions.